Saturday 27 January 2018

Chain of command

So it was time to try out the Chain of Command rules. I had them for awhile but never got around to it.

However its had some cracking coverage on Beasts of War lately and the lets play video peaked my interest once more.

So why not. Lets give it a try.
The table set up. Just a small russian village. 

The German drop off points.
The Russian drop off points. The German player had to reach the one at the back. My job was to stop him.
My other drop of point where I dropped my first infantry unit.
Craig brought on his Stug.
He also brought on a infantry team.
I moved my infantry team forward.
I deployed another team at the building on the other side but took some fire.

My T34 came on managed to spook his tank,
So much so he ran off and hid.
The German infantry moved forward towards the building.
My T34 moved forward too. With STUG hidden it was time for some HE.
I didn't do much damage now that the German infantry were made into the building.
This German unit was beginning to take some shock but I was too.

Quite a bit actually. I was starting to buckle.
My other infantry started to do the same so it was only gonna be a matter of time.

So that was it for Chain of Command. It was good for a first try and we both liked it. It plays really well. So the plan is to keep playing every 2 weeks. Its the only way to learn the rules. Too many times we play once maybe twice but that's it.

This game doesn't deserve that. Its too good a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment